Monday, November 3, 2014

Nightcrawler Thought

Nightcrawler is a new movie currently out in theaters. While the initial trailer did not inherently interest me, there seems to have been a buzz built up from the critic screenings. It seems reviews are incredibly favorable, and the movie has piqued my curiosity.

Reading the review by Matt Zoller Seitz from rogerebert.com,  I find the comparisons to other movies like Taxi Driver or Network help illustrate the overall tone and content of the movie. Reading the review, Nightcrawler comes off as a sort of dark comedy.

While I have not yet seen the movie, my own interpretation based on the review makes it seem as if it is a Coen Brothers type of movie. This comes from the mix of having a quirky and unstable minded character being surrounded by serious life and death events. I'm surprised the reviewer did not make this connection, though actually watching the movie might change my interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment