Saturday, November 15, 2014

Interview with a Local Director

Making movies is a team process, and the leader of the team is often attributed to the director. I managed to find a local director to ask him a few questions. Below is a short interview between the two of us which may offer insight to aspiring film students.

Q: Speak a little about yourself.
 A: My name is Nick Taylor, I'm a director who grew up in New Jersey.

Q: How long have you been doing this?
A: Nearly 20 years.

Q: Do you enjoy what you do?
A: I love it, absolutely.

Q: Who are some of your inspirations?
A:  Everyone has something to contribute.

Q: Favorite movies?
A: Mostly 70s works, I find they had a real-world charm.

Q: What are the most important elements for a story?
A: Characters.

Q: Anything you wish you could change in today's standards?
A: Less CGI.

Q: Is this line of work hard?
A: The hardest part is always getting started.

 Q: What advice would you give to newcomers?
A: Work on anything. Get experience and meet people.

Q: Anything else you would like to say?
A: Never give up, and keep trying.

Interesting things from someone in the industry. I would like to personally thank Mr. Nick Taylor for taking time to answer some questions. I agree, never give up. We all have aspirations, let's continue to work toward them.

No comments:

Post a Comment